Rehabilitation & Fitness for Pets: Relieving Pain and Restoring Mobility
At All Pets Animal Hospital, we offer a variety of rehabilitation services that have provided benefits to our patients through much quicker recovery and restoration of mobility following surgery or illness. Some of our rehabilitation services include:
- Therapeutic massage—Massage therapy for pets has been shown to increase blood flow to muscles, which can speed the healing process. Massages also release endorphins, which are the body’s own hormones that help to calm the pet and provide pain management.
- Veterinary laser therapy—Laser therapy stimulates cells to divide, which speeds healing following surgery. All Pets Animal Hospital uses laser therapy for post-operative recovery and also to restore mobility for pets suffering from arthritis.
- Pet rehabilitation exercises—Similar to humans, pet recovery can be greatly enhanced by rehabilitation exercises. Our staff and veterinarians can provide exercise techniques to help pets heal from injury, including use of cavaletti, therapy balls, and outdoor agility exercises.
- Water treadmill—Veterinary water therapy provides pets with a means of exercise that is less stressful to the body due to the buoyancy provided by the water. Our treadmill can be adjusted for different sized pets and the water temperature can be adjusted for maximum pain reduction and comfort. The water provides resistance to muscles throughout the range of motion, which results in many benefits including:
- Quicker recovery time following surgery or injury
- Reduced pet pain
- Improved pet mobility
- Assistance with weight management
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Improved quality of life
- Enhanced performance
Many pet conditions are helped by rehabilitation, both acute and chronic medical conditions. At All Pets Animal Hospital, our veterinarians will work with you to establish a rehabilitation plan that will reduce your pet’s pain, increase their mobility, and work to restore them to complete health.
All pets benefit from exercise, and it has been shown to increase life expectancy and significantly improve the quality of life for pets and the people who love them. Taking your pet on a walk, run, or just playing with them is important for health, strengthens the bond you have with your pet, and it can help you to keep an eye out for any health issues or changes in behavior that may warrant a veterinary checkup.
We are also committed to helping keep pets fit. Our hospital has three outdoor areas used for walking, training, and exercising pets. We have specially designed this exercise area so that our staff is able to maintain the highest level of safety for all pets with whom we work while providing the exercise, rehabilitation, or training that will benefit the pet’s health and wellbeing.
If you have questions about the best pet fitness options for your unique situation, please feel free to contact us and speak with one of our trained technicians or veterinarians.