Intensive Care for Katy & West Houston Pets
When All Pets Animal Hospital was being designed, our veterinarians knew the importance of having an observation area for critical patients. The ICU is centrally located in the hospital for constant attention for the pets that require continuous eye contact and treatment.
Our in-house lab allows us to quickly monitor our pets’ internal health status and our air circulation system, which isolates areas of our hospital, provides protection for fragile cases.
Depending upon the reason for a pet being in our ICU, formal exams are performed on a specific frequency basis, but the informal checks are ongoing throughout the patient’s stay. We provide 24-hour nursing care as our technicians are on staff through the night.
In addition to its centralized location, the ICU is equipped with life-saving technology, including:
- Oxygen delivery system—For pets needing respiratory assistance, our oxygen delivery system can be utilized in any of the ICU kennels.
- IV fluid pumps—Providing the proper balance of electrolytes and fluids to seriously ill pets is critical to the recovery process.
- Heat support—Pets who have undergone a shock to their systems either due to illness or injury often require additional heat to stabilize their condition.
- Portable ECG—Critical patients often need their heart monitored to ensure they are progressing through recovery.
- Doppler blood pressure measurement
All Pets Animal Hospital maintains the practices and technologies necessary for expert critical care. Please contact us with any of your questions regarding our ICU abilities.