Compassionate End-of-Life Care for Katy’s Pets
Being a bond-centered practice, where our focus is completely on enhancing the relationship that exists between people and their pets, All Pets Animal Hospital understands the difficulties in making decisions regarding end-of-life care. While watching the four-legged member of your family age and contend with ailments can be a difficult time, we are here to help you through the process.
Our compassionate staff and veterinarians will consult with you by phone at no charge when you have questions about your pet’s care options. We will help you evaluate your pet’s quality of life by always keeping what is best for your pet at the center of the conversation. You will not be rushed or pressured in any direction because we know that there are multiple factors that can determine the best course of action and there is often no right or wrong answer to the situation.
We know that you have to think both with your head and your heart through these times and that you will be dealing with a host of emotions. You can rest assured that our pet-centered staff and veterinarians have also experienced the difficulty of making these decisions and will do their best to ease you through as well.
Some of the comforts we can offer should euthanasia be the action that must take place:
- Our facility has a separate, more comfortable and homey room to help your pet feel relaxed and to allow your family members the quiet and gentle atmosphere for saying goodbyes.
- Our comfort rooms have a separate entrance/exit to the building so that you will not have to go through the waiting room as you are grieving.
- We will give you information on the grieving process and can refer you to excellent support groups should you need it. We can provide you with many resources on euthanasia decision-making and the grief process associated with pet loss.
- We can speak with children in the family about the decision to help with their grieving and understanding.
- Our veterinarians are willing to come to your home to do the euthanasia if it would be less stressful for you or your pet.
- You can take your pet home to bury him or her or we have a cremation service.
While we cannot always prevent the loss of a pet, All Pets Animal Hospital is committed to helping pet owners through the process and on to emotional healing. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of service to you.